Installation of the air conditioner in the apartment with your own hands is quite a feasible task. When the right model is purchased and suitable location for the device is selected, you can proceed directly to the installation. Read more about aspects to consider when considering residential real estate options. Here is step by step guidance from Richmond Hill DIY experts.
1. Drill a hole in the wall, which will enable to lay the cable with a coolant circulating through it.
2. Mount a special steel plate for subsequent attachment of the device on the internal wall. Note, please, that it should be mounted horizontally. Its position should be fixed using building level. If the air conditioner is mounted unevenly, it may lead to unreliable operation of the whole system.
3. Carry out electrical connection and installation of drainage hose, it will provide the draining of the condensate generated during operation.
4. The next step is the preparation of copper tubes. They should be cut to a desired length and bent appropriately if necessary. Copper tubes are attached to the device block inside the room. It is important not to pull the threads too tightly, because it may cause a leakage of the freon.
5. Self-installation of the air conditioner assumes heat insulation of copper tubes on your own as well. It certainly must to be done to ensure proper level of air conditioning system efficiency.
6. The next step is to connect the drain hose with copper tubes together. Seal the place of joint with a tape. Then the tubes are taken out through a hole drilled in the wall. After that, the indoor block can be mounted on the prepared beforehand plate.
7. The outdoor unit of the device must be installed horizontally, too. You already know that you can cope with this task with the help of building level.
8. When the whole system is connected and switched on, it is filled with freon. The track can be filled, or covered using decorative trim.
One important note: it is prohibited to install a unit on the glazed balcony, since, given its enclosed space, it can not provide the required amount of fresh air for efficient operation.
Madeline Collier about the opportunities to install air conditioner in Richmond Hill.
Read how to increase the value of your home